Tips for making a complaint
- It is okay to complain if you are not satisfied with your health provider.
- Dealing with the provider first is often the quickest and easiest way to resolve complaints.
- Try talking directly with the provider in the first instance.
- If the complaint is more serious, put the complaint in writing.
- Be clear about your concerns – what went wrong, who was involved and when did it happen?
- What outcome would you like from making the complaint?
- Ask for the provider to provide you with a response in writing.
Sample complaint letter (DOCX, 13.4 KB)